Sunday, March 22, 2009

NINJA - FREE NEW NIN EP (Plus Street Sweeper and Jane's Addiction)





As some of you may or may not know, I'm a MASSIVE fan of Nine Inch Nails... Have been since I was about twelve, and have become even bigger a fan ever since Trent ditched his record label (Interscope) and started periodically giving away free music and creating a true rapport with his fans... Simply put, there's nobody at all in the music business at the moment who is more relevant nowadays than old Trent Reznor, He hears his fans and he gives us exactly what we asked for, often at his own expense.
My admiration for the man extends far beyond his music, his outrageous business models, his brilliant stage shows, His absolutely engrossing ARG (Alternate Reality Game) that was the advertising basis for YEAR ZERO, etc. He's a pioneer in every sense of the word.

Anyway, enough gushing, I just wanted to post a quick note to let all of you know that he's just released another free EP of music, this one containing Two Nine Inch Nails tracks (Not so pretty now, Non-Entity), two from Jane's Addiction (Chip away, Whores) and two tracks from Tom Morello and Billy Bragg's new side project, Street Sweeper (Clap for the Killers, Oath). The best part is that they're all previously unreleased, and FREE, so they're a nice additiion to any collection. After all, Free's my favourite recommended purchase price.
My personal first impressions only extend to the NIN tracks thus far, which I can state are unequivocally brilliant, as per usual, but I'm about to dive into a session of Resident evil 5 with the EP as my custom soundtrack, So I'll post my thoughts later on.

Heres the link, etc.

Http://dl.ninja2009.com

Or you can get it via www.NIN.com




Whilst you're at it, if you're in the mood for some more quality free music, you should check out: THE SLIP, GHOSTS 1, LIGHTS IN THE SKY tour sampler, all available from NIN.com for FREE... And then you should go and splurge on a couple of earlier NIN albums, you won't be dissapointed... I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment